Makes 6 servings: 1 serving = 1 slice or muffin if you use a muffin tin instead
- 2 medium ripe bananas (the riper the better) sliced into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 4 Tbs agave nectar or honey (nutrition based on agave)
- 1 cup uncooked quick oats
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1 large egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Lightly spray 8×8 ceramic baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange the banana slices in a single layer on the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle half of the blueberries over the bananas, 1/4 tsp of the cinnamon, 1 tbsp of the agave and cover with foil. Bake 15 minutes, until the bananas get soft.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the oats, half of nuts, baking powder, remaining cinnamon, and salt; stir together. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining agave (3 tbs), milk, egg and vanilla extract.
- Remove the bananas from the oven, then pour the oat mixture over the bananas and blueberries.
- Pour the milk mixture over the oats, making sure to distribute the mixture as evenly as possible over the oats. Sprinkle the remaining blueberries and walnuts over the top.
- Bake the oatmeal for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the oatmeal has set. Serve warm from the oven. Enjoy!